We're excited to announce the next episode of the Delta Huddle podcast! Joining Centercode’s VP of Marketing Chris Rader and Technical Trainer Stefan Stenroos to discuss the best strategies for building a successful beta program is Richard Ball, former Director of Field Testing at Peloton.
This episode is all about building a successful beta program, and more importantly, how to secure buy-in from your stakeholders and the teams around you. There are a lot of challenges to overcome when you’re first establishing a beta program; whether it's starting from scratch with very few resources, or trying to convince other teams that beta tests are worthwhile. It can seem incredibly daunting, but with the right tools and strategies, you can turn otherwise skeptical team members into beta believers.
In this episode:
- The value of having a beta support team and managing resources at scale
- The differences between testing at a large company and being a team of one
- How to successfully pitch a beta testing program
- Recruiting effectively through prioritizing product features
- How product limitations can affect beta tester recruitment
- Overcoming internal objections and the challenge of the "validity check"
- Differences between qualitative results and quantitative sentiments
- What to look for when hiring new beta team members
- Advice for new beta managers starting from scratch
About Our Guest:
Richard Ball is a seasoned professional with over 5 years of experience in the beta industry. He has a proven track record of leading and building successful teams at companies such as Fitbit, Anova Culinary, and Peloton, where he most recently served as the Director of Field Testing.
Follow us and listen to the Delta Huddle Podcast on the go:
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3V5x74Q
- Google Podcasts: https://bit.ly/3Wq0HTT
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3PNYCiJ
- Audible: https://adbl.co/3Pvw90V
Download the transcript here.