As a follow-up to our product readiness checklist, we put together a list to help prepare your testers for beta. You put a lot of time into planning your beta test and recruiting great testers. With all of the moving pieces involved, it can be tough to keep track of everything you need to communicate to your testers before the test starts. Here’s a list of a tasks that need to be completed to prepare your testers for success.
Tester Readiness Checklist
- ☐ A sufficient number of testers meeting each required target market segment have been selected and notified.
- ☐ Accurate contact information and addresses (if testing hardware) have been verified for all testers.
- ☐ Non-disclosure and beta participation agreements have been explained in plain English and signed by all testers.
- ☐ Responsibilities and the project schedule have been clearly communicated to testers.
- ☐ Testers understand how to use the systems provided for feedback. If they aren’t dead simple, training or documentation has been provided.
- ☐ All resources needed by testers to carry out their responsibilities are accessible and understandable.
Looking for more information? Read more about beta readiness in our free whitepaper: Getting Ready for Beta Testing. You can also find this checklist on page 36 of What You Need to Know About Beta Management.